Japan is a country in Asia. Several shows are censored in Japan. On a side when when Japanese censored shows are translated to English, you can hear cuss words or close to cussing words have changed to different words.
Episodes with Japanese CensorshipEdit
Your Shoe's UntiedEdit
- The entire dialouge of SpongeBob looking at the channel with the flower is cut beginning the episode when Patrick knocks on the door.
The Smoking PeanutEdit
- Patrick licking the popsicle stick is cut due to it looking like he was licking SpongeBob's ---.
- When Sandy says "SpongeBob doesn't have hair! Or does he?" it is changed to just "SpongeBob doesn't have hair!" leaving out the "Or does he?" part.
Gary Takes a BathEdit
- The entire "Don't drop the dubloons" (refering to the soap) dialouge is cut.
- The "Don't you mean there's only 7?" dialouge is cut.
- The "perfect censorship" dialouge is cut.
The Algae's Always GreenerEdit
- The Mr. Krabs with a bra dialouge is cut.
Rock a Bye BivalveEdit
- The episode title "Rock a Bye Bivalve" is changed to "Baby Clam" for unknown reasons.
- At the end of the episode when Patrick says "Let's have another" is cut.
- The whole dialouge with the parents thinking "Sponge + Starfish = Clam" is cut.
- The Patrick wanting to be the mom dialouge is cut. The part where he says "Just call me daddy!" is zoomed into his face.
Mearmaid and Barnicle Boy VEdit
- Mearmaid Man and Barnicle Boy is unaired in Japan due to referencing sex.
Mid Life CrustaceanEdit
- Mid Life Crustacean is unaired in Japan due to mentioning and showing woman's underwear.
That's No LadyEdit
- When Patrick tears off his disguise at the end of the episode Squidward's eyes going dry along with him saying he's going to take a shower is cut.
- Squidward saying "No Mr. Krabs, it's that time of month." is changed to "No Mr. Krabs".
20,000 Patties Under the SeaEdit
- SpongeBob saying "Bye Squidward." the second time along with the entire "SpongeBob liking Squidward" dialouge is cut.
- When Squidward says "Something that will make Mr. Krabs' whole weiner thing blow right up in his face!" it is changed to "Something that will make Mr.Krabs lose sales!". SpongeBob's reply is also changed to "Yeah. Lose sales."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.